Thai Chicken Appetizer Skewers
- Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Slice chicken crosswise into 3-inch-wide strips, 1/4-inch to 3/8-inch thick; place in a shallow glass dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients; pour over the chicken and toss well to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 2 hours. Stir mixture occasionally.
- Prepare grill for direct cooking; brush rack with vegetable or peanut oil.
- Meanwhile, combine the dipping sauce ingredients (except the chopped peanuts) in a small saucepan. Cook and stir (constantly) over medium heat - Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, smooth and bubbly. Keep warm in a small serving bowl; garnish with chopped peanuts just before serving.
- Drain chicken; reserve the marinade. Thread the chicken strips, accordion-style, onto twelve 6-inch metal skewers.
- Transfer skewered chicken to prepared rack of uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium coals 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. (DO NOT OVERCOOK!) Turn once, halfway through grilling time, and brush often with the reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Discard remaining marinade.
- Serve immediately on skewers with the warm peanut sauce for dipping.