1/1 Photo of Thai Chicken Appetizer Skewers
Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
This is a nutty, spicy, and citrus-fresh chicken recipe that lets you treat your family and guests to a delicious range of Thai flavors!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken breast halve, skinless and boneless
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup bottled Italian salad dressing
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1Rinse chicken; pat dry with paper towels. Slice chicken crosswise into 3-inch-wide strips, 1/4-inch to 3/8-inch thick; place in a shallow glass dish.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the marinade ingredients; pour over the chicken and toss well to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 2 hours. Stir mixture occasionally.
- 3Prepare grill for direct cooking; brush rack with vegetable or peanut oil.
- 4Meanwhile, combine the dipping sauce ingredients (except the chopped peanuts) in a small saucepan. Cook and stir (constantly) over medium heat - Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, smooth and bubbly. Keep warm in a small serving bowl; garnish with chopped peanuts just before serving.
- 5Drain chicken; reserve the marinade. Thread the chicken strips, accordion-style, onto twelve 6-inch metal skewers.
- 6Transfer skewered chicken to prepared rack of uncovered grill. Grill directly over medium coals 8 to 10 minutes or until the chicken is tender and no longer pink. (DO NOT OVERCOOK!) Turn once, halfway through grilling time, and brush often with the reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Discard remaining marinade.
- 7Serve immediately on skewers with the warm peanut sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken Appetizer Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 135.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 234.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar