Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe has been adopted and edited by me in February 2005. You can easily make this dish a little hotter by adding more fresh ginger. I hope you will enjoy this newly edited recipe.
- 1 piece lemongrass or 1 lemon, rind of
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 clove garlic
- 29.58 ml sunflower oil
- 283.49 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 113.39 g baby green beans
- 29.58 ml oyster sauce
- 0.25 ml sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 59.14 ml lightly salted peanuts, crushed
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- cooked rice or Asian noodles
- Thinly slice the lemon grass (or lemon rind).
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large wok style pan over high heat.
- Add the lemon grass (or lemon rind), ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until brown.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Finally stir in the oyster sauce, a pinch of sugar and seasoning to taste and stir-fry doe another minute for flavors to blend.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the crushed peanuts and freshly chopped cilantro leaves on top accompanied with cooked rice or Asian noodles.
Really tasty!! A great way to use (and consume) fresh vegetables!
Very tasty. Next time, I'll use lime instead of lemon - adds a bit more flavor. And I'd like a bit of chili pepper (personal taste). Otherwise, very healthy and pretty.