- 1 piece lemongrass or 1⁄2 lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 4 ounces baby green beans
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup lightly salted peanuts, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- cooked rice or Asian noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Thinly slice the lemon grass (or lemon rind).
- Peel and chop the ginger and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large wok style pan over high heat.
- Add the lemon grass (or lemon rind), ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until brown.
- Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are almost cooked.
- Finally stir in the oyster sauce, a pinch of sugar and seasoning to taste and stir-fry doe another minute for flavors to blend.
- Serve immediately, sprinkled with the crushed peanuts and freshly chopped cilantro leaves on top accompanied with cooked rice or Asian noodles.