1/2 Photos of Thai Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry
- Carla -'s Note:
This recipe has been adopted and edited by me in February 2005. You can easily make this dish a little hotter by adding more fresh ginger. I hope you will enjoy this newly edited recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 piece lemongrass or 1/2 lemon, rind of
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchstick size pieces
- 4 ounces baby green beans
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup lightly salted peanuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- cooked rice or Asian noodles
- 1Thinly slice the lemon grass (or lemon rind).
- 2Peel and chop the ginger and garlic.
- 3Heat the oil in a large wok style pan over high heat.
- 4Add the lemon grass (or lemon rind), ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds, or until brown.
- 5Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- 6Then add the vegetables and stir-fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are almost cooked.
- 7Finally stir in the oyster sauce, a pinch of sugar and seasoning to taste and stir-fry doe another minute for flavors to blend.
- 8Serve immediately, sprinkled with the crushed peanuts and freshly chopped cilantro leaves on top accompanied with cooked rice or Asian noodles.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 45.3 mg
- Sodium 470.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: