Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Bean thread noodles are also called cellophane or transparent noodles. If you can't find those, you can substitute with angel hair pasta. For more flavor, saute the shrimp in olive oil with a little crushed garlic first. The nam pla (fish sauce) is the source of the salt in this recipe, so if you want more flavor make 1 1/2 times the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 2 tablespoons asian sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 9 ounces bean thread noodles
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 medium cooked shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed (about 3 1/2 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cucumber, very thinly sliced (English hothouse)
- 1⁄2 cup mint leaf (lightly packed and fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup basil leaves, torn if large (lightly packed and fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro (lightly packed and fresh)
- 1⁄3 cup shallot (thinly sliced)
- 1 red jalapeno chile, sliced into thin rings (with seeds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted peanuts
- 1 lime, cut into 6 wedges
- Whisk first 5 ingredients in large bowl to blend. (The dressing can be prepared 2 hours ahead).
- Let stand at room temperature.
- Place noodles in another large bowl.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Let stand until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Drain and rinse under cold water to cool; drain well.
- Insert scissors into noodles; cut several times.
- Transfer to bowl with dressing.
- Add tomatoes and all remaining ingredients, except peanuts and lime wedges, to noodles; toss to coat.
- Divide among 6 plates.
- Sprinkle with peanuts; garnish with lime wedges.
- **Cook time does not include cooking the chicken or shrimp.