Recipe by Chabear01
My DBIL works in the rice industry here in our area, they had a contest for winning recipes, the company then sent home with their employees some of the best ones. Here is one that everyone at my DS's loves. The serving quantities is questimated at 2 rolls per person and 1/4 cup into each roll.
Top Review by Deb in Seattle
This is very tasty and coloful. Kids had a great time helping by dicing the fruit and preparing the lettuce. I added fresh sqeezed lime juice (2 limes) and about 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro and left out the bell peppers.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup bottled peanut sauce (DS says she uses a mild one but for the daring they have spicy ones)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, broiled and cubed, the smaller the better
- 1 1⁄2 cups mangoes, peeled and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups papayas, peeled and diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, sliced into julienne strips
- 1 head iceberg lettuce or 1 head leaf lettuce, washed and leaves seperated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat, add rice. Lightly saute it stirring frequently about 3 to 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine rice with all the other ingredients except for the lettuce, toss in the peanut sauce till coated. Season with salt and pepper if you wish.
- Each person takes a lettuce leaf or a portion of one, spoons the misture in it and then wrap like a cabbage roll and eat and enjoy.