Recipe by stacylu
Recipe from a friend. We add more red pepper flakes for a spicier dish and extra vegetables like broccoli and snap peas.
- 6 ounces fine egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons gingerroot (grated)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 1⁄2 red bell peppers or 1 1⁄2 yellow bell peppers, seeded, de-ribbed and cut into thin strips
- 6 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into stir-fry strips
- 1⁄4 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Dressing: In a blender container, combine olive oil, vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, honey, gingerroot, and crushed red pepper flakes. Blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat vegetable and sesame oils over medium-high heat.
- Add bell pepper strips and green onions; cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes, or until onions are nearly transparent.
- Remove vegetables from skillet. Add chicken and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through; return vegetables to skillet and add cooked noodles.
- Cook and stir for about 1 minute more, or until heated through. Remove from heat.
- Pour dressing over the mixture in the skillet; toss lightly to coat.
- Divide chicken mixture among individual dinner plates and sprinkle with cashews.