Recipe is from Food and Wine. Update: This soup has a really nice flavor, but after making it we all agreed it needs some vegetables added. Baby spinach stirred in at the very end would be nice, or some fresh bean sprouts served at the table to stir in.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 quart canned low sodium chicken broth or 1 quart homemade stock
- 2 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 5 teaspoons asian fish sauce (nam pla or nuoc mam) or 5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- lime zest, 2 3-inch strips
- 1/2 lb egg fettuccine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (about 3)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1In a large pot, heat the cooking oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, coriander, ginger, black pepper, and cayenne; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 2Add the broth, coconut milk, fish sauce, salt, and lime zest. Bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the fettuccine until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- 4Add the chicken to the soup and simmer until just done, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the fettuccine, lime juice, and cilantro, if using. Serve the soup in bowls with a fork and spoon.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup With Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.6
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 120.5 mg
- Sodium 1837.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 40.1 g