Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from Cooking Light's Annual Recipes 2004.
Make and share this Thai Chicken and Coconut Soup (Cooking Light) recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped peeled fresh lemongrass
- 2 tablespoons Thai fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced peeped fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped seeded Thai chile
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size chunks (skinless and boneless)
- 1 (14 ounce) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat; stir in chicken and coconut milk.
- Cook 3 minutes or until chicken is done
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Yummy soup. I added some curry and garlic paste to it as well as some fresh mint and basil leaves. I doubled the recipe so my hubby could enjoy this for a few days. He's a big soup lover and something this tasty won't last long. Thanks for the delicious recipe.