Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Sub shrimp or lobster for chicken. Try adding straw mushrooms.
- 3 cups roasted chicken stock
- 2 2⁄3 cups light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 small thai bird chilies, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- Bring stock and coconut milk to a boil in a soup pot.
- Reduce heat. Stir in peppers, fish sauce, ginger and soy sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chicken and lime juice. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.