Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
When you want a little taste of Thai at home.
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 8 ounces diced cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 fluid ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, creamy
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper or 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- Cook and drain spaghetti according to package directions.
- Set aside.
- Toss chicken, lime juice, curry powder, ginger, and garlic.
- Heat oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook chicken mixture and broccoli in oil 5-7 minutes.
- Remove mixture from skillet; keep warm.
- Mix flour, yogurt, peanut butter, soy sauce and red pepper in the same skillet.
- Cook over medium heat 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to thicken.
- Toss spaghetti and sauce.
- Top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
This was good! The curry and the peanut butter make a great Asian - Middle Eastern taste, and the lime juice really brings accentuates the individual components of this dish. I am thinking that the chicken should be undercooked or even raw if it's diced and to be cooked for 7 minutes to avoid over cooking it. I regular yogurt, as it was all I had, and just added a bit of water to thin it out. Thanks for a tasty dish!