Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 2 lb.)
- 3⁄4 cup hot salsa
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Place chicken in 3 1/2- to 6-quart crockpot.
- Mix remaining ingredients except peanuts and cilantro; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from crockpot, using slotted spoon; place on serving platter.
- Remove sauce from crockpot; skim fat from sauce.
- Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
This recipe made an excellent entrée. The salsa and peanut butter add a spicy, but pleasing, flavor. I made the dish as directed with one exception. I used hot spiced peanuts (all I had), but it turned out so well that I may always use them. They gave just an extra kick to the dish that we found delightful. We truly enjoyed this meal, and I will definately be making it again. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
It was okay, but not really worth making again. Maybe I would make it again if I had all of the ingredients at home and needed an easy meal to throw in the crockpot but I just didn't like it enough to go out and buy ingredients to make it. There wasn't anything wrong with it, I just didn't think it was that great.
This is a fantastic recipe.. so easy and so quick. I substitued Tahininfor the peanut butter (the second time I made it), tasted as good if not the same!