Recipe by DailyInspiration
Love the combination of peanut butter and coconut milk in this delicious-sounding chicken dish. Recipe is from my BH & G magazine - Diabetes, Love What You Eat. Only 4 grams of carbs per serving - 1 chicken breast half and 3 tbsp. sauce.
Top Review by PaulaG
Perfect for the 2 of us. The recipe went together quickly and in a matter of minutes dinner was being served. This recipe goes very well with Recipe #493322 as the 2 together use a whole can of coconut milk. Made for ZWT9.
- 2 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces total)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dry roasted peanuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chicken with the salt. In a medium skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; reduce heat to medium. Cook for 8-12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove chicken from skillet; cover to keep warm.
- Add ginger and garlic to skillet; cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant. In a small bowl whisk together coconut milk, 1 tablespoons cilantro, peanut butter, black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes. Add mixture to skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until bubbly.
- Slice chicken and serve over rice (see recipe for coconut rice with snow peas, if desired). Top chicken with coconut-peanut butter sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cilantro and chopped peanuts.