My mom found this recipe and it is to die for !!!! So tasty, but somewhat fatening...can't have it both ways I suppose.This is a mild flavoured casserole, if you want it hotter, add more chili sauce.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 -3 teaspoons hot Asian chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (crunchy is best)
- 14 ounces coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1 lime, juice of
- Heat oil and brown chicken in skillet. (15 min.).
- Set aside in large casserole.
- Saute onion and garlic, cook until tender.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, salt, ginger, chili sauce, soy sauce, peanut butter and coconut milk.
- Stir to blend for one minute and remove from heat.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cover and cook 1 hour at 325 degrees F.
- Just before serving, stir in lime rind and juice.
- Serve over rice.