Recipe by Gayle M
After returning from a trip to Thailand this year, I was challenged by some friends to come up with a Thai-seasoned snack. This is the result of the second version, I was informed the first was not hot enough, however it tastes great without the heat. Enjoy!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thai chili paste (optional)
- 12 -18 whole dried Thai chiles (optional)
- 6 cups Wheat Chex
- 6 cups Corn Chex
- 6 cups Rice Chex
- 4 ounces hot green wasabi peas (optional)
- 12 ounces mixed nuts
- 2 cups bite size cheese crackers
- 6 ounces chow mein noodles
- 7 ounces garlic bagel chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in large measuring cup, add the seasonings and let sit while arranging the other ingredients.
- Pour 1/3 of the seasoning mixture over cereal at a time, stirring well between each addition.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, at 275 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes.
- This makes a lot, almost 2 gallons, and will fill 3 cookie sheets.