Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is yummy and must be tried by all
- 1 medium catfish
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 birds eye chiles, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup julienned green mango
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanut oil, pound coarsely
- breadcrumbs (optional)
- lettuce leaf (to garnish)
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Steam catfish till done and let cool.
- Remove flesh and crumble into small bite-sized pieces and spread.
- (If thick,then inside will not be crispy) Heat oil at medium heat and deep fry the catfish crumbs.
- Fry until golden brown, remove and drain oil from crumbs using kitchen towel.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, fish sauce and birdeye chili.
- Add mangoes, shallot, groundnut and mix well.
- Serve on lettuce and garnish with coriander.