Recipe by Iron Woman
I got this recipe off the net. If some of you don't know, Thai Cashew Nut Chicken is similar to the Chinese version except this dish has some spice and heat to it.
Top Review by mudsnoworsand
I tried 4 or 5 different recipes for this and this is the one I'm keeping for the future. One thing to touch on is the chili paste, not sure if it was supposed to be the red chili paste or thai chili paste, but I used 1tsp of Thai Chili paste and it was plenty hot. I also decided to add carrot and pepper. Thank you so much for this recipe!
- 1 lb chicken, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the cashews at 300 degrees until golden brown.
- In a wok, over medium heat, saute the garlic and chilies until the garlic is golden and the whole is aromatic, then remove and reserve the chilies and garlic.
- Add the chicken and all the ingredients except the cashews, stock and wine to the pan and stir fry until the chicken just begins to cook.
- Add the stock and continue over low heat until the chicken is cooked, then using a slotted spoon remove the chicken from the sauce and set aside.
- Add the rice wine and reduce the sauce until a slight glaze appears (if necessary add 1 teaspoon of arrowroot powder, dissolved in a little tepid water).
- Return the chicken, chilies and garlic to the sauce, and add the cashews. Make sure they are heated through.
- Garnish with green onions. If you enjoy vegetables with this, just add onions and carrots with step #3. Also if you want more heat, just add more black pepper.
- Serve with steamed white rice.