Recipe by Dancer^
This can be made 2 days ahead and refrigerated, or frozen up to 3 months. Thaw before warming and warm slowly so it doesn't burn.
Top Review by undomesticgodess
Delicious! I added a stick of celery and used minced garlic 1 tbsp and minced ginger 2 tbsp. I added the juice of one orange and accidentally used 3 tablespoons of oil instead of 1. I blended the coriander in whole and freash and didn't reheat it - it was fantastic!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 whole Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 1 3⁄4 lbs carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- red pepper flakes, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, and carrots.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until hot and fragrant about 4 minutes.
- Add 3 cups stock.
- Simmer, covered, until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain liquid from solids.
- Reserve liquid.
- Puree solids with cilantro in blender or processor until smooth.
- Add as much liquid as container can hold.
- Puree until even smoother.
- Transfer to 3-quart bowl.
- Add remaining liquid, if any, and remaining 1 cup of stock.
- Season to taste with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Serve chilled or hot.
- Adjust seasonings to taste before serving.