Recipe by Bngstr
Good start to a Thai meal or to warm you up on a cold day. Makes a large batch and freezes well.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 chopped leeks
- 2 tablespoons peeled grated gingerroot
- 3 lbs peeled chopped carrots
- 10 cups chicken stock or 10 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (sub red pepper flakes if you must)
- 1 (398 ml) can coconut milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Over medium heat in large stock pot melt butter then add onions, leeks, garlic, ginger root.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Add stock, carrots and parsley flakes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 40 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Add more stock if a little thick.
- Puree with a hand blender until desired consistency (I like it with just a few small carrot chunks).
- Stir in sambal olek and coconut milk then salt and pepper to taste.