Recipe by lindseylcw
Not tried this yet but looks so tempting from Donna Hay
Top Review by chia
delicious way to cook tenderloins, and so quick too! we loved the sauce. i usually prebrown tenderloins or bake them,with a marinade or sauce, but this was so quick and easy. the crunch of the salad was a perfect balance to the tangy pork, we enjoyed this very much.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 small red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon star ground aniseed
- 650 g pork fillets or 650 g tenderloin
- 100 g salad leaves
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- place the soy, sugar,chillies, ginger, fish sauce lime juice and star anise in a deep fry pan over medium heat.
- cook stirring for about 4-5 mins until the mixture thickens slightly.
- halve the pork lengthwise and add to the pan.
- cook for 4 mins on each side or until tender.
- remove pork from the pan and cool slightly.
- simmer the pan juices until thickened.
- toss together the salad leaves, spring onions and herbs.
- slice the pork drizzle with the pan juices and serve with the salad.