Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great stuff. Have yet to find someone who didn't love it. Based on the Lemon Grass Restaurant's cookbook "The Best of Vietnamese & Thai Cooking". Don't be scared off by using fish sauce. Most people love Worchestershire sauce, but do they realize it has an anchovy base?
- 3 garlic cloves, slivered and browned in a bit of oil. Not burned
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (some are stronger, some milder,,, I use Flying Lion brand)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zest of (I use sweet lime)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (again, I use sweet lime)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, slivered and chopped. Rare if you don't plant your own. Also called Kiefer lime. Substitute with lim
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Toss with Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, croutons, and grated parmesan cheese.
- Store any leftover dressing in a jar in the frig.