Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great for bento or brown bag lunch.
- 44.37 ml lime juice
- 44.37 ml rice vinegar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml peanut butter
- 14.79 ml water
- 4.92 ml chili-garlic sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1774.42 ml shredded cabbage (1 bag coleslaw mix)
- 236.59 ml shredded carrot
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, whisk together lime juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, water, chili garlic sauce, and garlic.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat with dressing.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts, if desired.
Really good! The only change I made was to add a little fish sauce... the recipe as written seemed to be missing something, and Thai fish sauce filled the bill. I'll be taking this in my bento tomorrow; so thanks for a great lunch option!
Very tasty salad, easy to make and with ingredients that are always in my fridge. Shredding the cabbage takes time, but I did a whole head of cabbage in one go and so was able to whip up a second batch in no time the next day. Will be making again all the time. Note, BF hates peanut butter so I scaled it down a bit (even though I would have preferred the whole Tbsp.) and upped the cilantro.
This is a great salad, but as written I found it too sharp tasting for me. Now when I make it, I change the dressing quite a bit -- reduce the soy sauce & rice vinegar to 1 T. each, cut the garlic-chili sauce in half, double the peanut butter, increase the water to 1/2 T, and add 1/2 T. sugar. The end result is a full-flavored salad with just a bit of zing. Thanks for a great recipe that I could tweak to suit my own taste!