Recipe by Sharlene~W
A colorful and light-tasting salad. If you aren't sure about the mint, feel free to leave it out.
Top Review by JustJanS
Use the mint, the mint makes this! It's a great recipe, with interesting flavours and texture, and a huge change from ordinary coleslaw (which I happen to love). Left-overs were not nice though, so make it to use it at once. Thanks Sharlene.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chili paste with garlic
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 cups shredded napa cabbage (Chinese)
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, vinegar, fish sauce, water, peanut butter, chile paste and garlic in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until blended.
- Add cabbages, bell pepper, and carrot, and toss gently to coat.
- Cover and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Stir in the peanuts, cilantro, and mint just before serving.