A great way to fix cabbage! I got this from a Weight Watcher's magazine.
Make and share this Thai Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon peeled minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) bagsvery thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups red bell peppers, cut in strips
- 1 1⁄3 cups peeled shredded carrots
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1⁄4 cup parsley
- Combine the first four ingredients in a bowl; stir well, set aside.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic; saute 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, bell pepper and carrot; saute 2 minutes.
- Add lime juice mixture; saute an additional 2 1/2 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- This makes 7 servings.
- For weight watchers this is 1 point.
9/29/2007 This is so good! Easy and quick to prepare, tasty too. I needed a side dish for Thai-Style Grilled Chicken W/ Spicy Sweet and Sour Dipping Sauce and came across this. They made a great pair. It also is WW friendy, how cool is that...It's a keeper. Thanks, Sharon123 for posting. Update. Made again this time served it with Thai Chicken Breasts. Excellent meal. Worthy of 10+ stars. A must make.
Recipe turned out well. Served with thai chicken. Everyone at work said what smells so good? Thanks.
Very nice base recipe to make as is or use as a foundation for getting creative. I didn't have the right ingredients so had to make some substitutions: I used green bell pepper for the red bell pepper; I had no fresh cilantro so used those frozen Israeli cilantro cubes from Trader Joe's and cooked them in (can't use frozen cubes for a garnish!) Then as a garnish I chopped up some peanuts in the cuisinart. Very yummy. I'll also try the recipe exactly as listed, but will continue to use it as a base recipe from which to innovate. P.S. I agree with the reviewer who said it is very tasty as a cold salad the next day!