This is a recipe from Cooking Light March 2013. It calls for frozen pureed butternut squash, it you can't find it, you can use 4 cups cubed butternut squash, just add extra cooking time. The recipe is delicious and according to Cooking Light only has 302 calories.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red curry paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth, fat free, lower sodium
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen pureed butternut squash
- 14 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped, I do not use
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1 lime, cut in 8 wedges
- 1Heat a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
- 2Add oil swirl to coat.
- 3Add onions;saute 3 minutes.
- 4Add curry paste, garlic and ginger and saute for 45 seconds, stirring constantly.
- 5Add broth and next 5 ingredients(through salt).
- 6Bring to boil.
- 7Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 8Stir frequently.
- 9With a stick blender, process until mixture is smooth.
- 10Spoon 1 cup into 4 bowls.
- 11Top with chopped peanuts(if using) and 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves.
- 12Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Butternut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 519.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
red curry paste
light coconut milk