Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
What a great alternative to the basic burger!
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb ground chuck
- 5 tablespoons bottled thai peanut sauce, divided
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 lime, juice of, divided
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 -5 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 -5 romaine lettuce leaves
- coarse salt
- In a large, bowl, combine the beef, 3 tablespoons peanut sauce, onion, 1/2 of the lime juice, garlic, ginger, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Shape the meat mixture into 4 or 5 patties.
- Place the patties directly on the grill.
- Grill for 10-13 minutes or until cooked through, flipping halfway through grilling.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, remaining 2 tablespoons of peanut sauce, remaining lime juice and cilantro.
- Lightly toast the buns and serve the hamburgers on the buns with lettuce and a dollup of the mayonnaise.