Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Yummy Thai flavored pork ribs braised in a pressure cooker and then glazed in the broiler. Delicious, and done just over an hour. NOTE: prep time does not include marinating overnight.
- 4 lbs pork ribs, cut to individual ribs
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 12 green onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 inches fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- Combine everything (except for the pork and the hoisin sauce) in a food processor and process to a thin paste. Pour over the pork and mix, ensuring that all surfaces of the pork get some marinade on them. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Place pork, any residual marinade, and some water in your pressure cooker (use the minimum amount of water for your pressure cooker -- for my ancient 6-quart cooker it's 1 cup). Bring to pressure, cook 15 minutes, then allow 20 minutes natural pressure release.
- Remove pork from pressure cooker. Some meat may have fallen off the bone, some may still be on the bone, make sure you don't miss any of it. Place in a single layer on a foil-lined baking tray, baste with hoisin sauce, and broil for 2 minutes. Remove from the oven, re-baste with more hoisin sauce, place back in the broiler, and broil another 2 minutes. Broiler temperatures vary, so check often to ensure that nothing's getting burnt.