1/2 Photos of Thai Black Rice Pudding
1 hr 15 mins
Pepper Monkey's Note:
This is a rice pudding with a twist! This black rice pudding tastes like it has berries in it but it doesn't! Sweet black rice can be found at ethnic or Asian markets and it turns purplish when cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rice in a bowl and rinse with water by stirring in a counter clockwise motion.
- 2Do this repeatedly until the water is clear and clean, indicating the rice is clean.
- 3Pick out any odd grains.
- 4In a medium saucepan, stir rice, salt, sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- 5Stir well and reduce heat to low.
- 6Cover and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours until all of the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 7Stir in the coconut milk and serve immediately as a hot dish.
- 8Or chill and serve cold.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Black Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 203.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g