Recipe by lunaorion
A zesty and slightly spicy asian-inspired salad. I wanted to make a black bean salad for a barbeque that was a little different-- I checked out the various thai-inspired recipes on the Zaar, but nothing seemed exactly right for me (taking into account what I had on hand..), so I created something with a little inspiration frim other recipes.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
I let this sit overnight and it was very good. I did not have any soy ginger broth so I used plain chicken broth and added 1/8 tsp of ground ginger. I am not sure if this even came close to what trader joe's tastes like but I think the end result was very good. This is an easy salad to through together and is very healthy. thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 small white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup trader joe's soy ginger broth
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium serving bowl, whisk the broth, curry paste, lime zest, lime juice, scallions, cilantro, and sesame oil until well combined and smooth.
- Add black beans, corn, diced onions, and diced red pepper and toss to coat and distribute evenly.
- Refrigerate at least an hour, or overnight to allow flavors to develop.
- The curry paste is hot stuff, use more or less to taste.