1 hr 15 mins
A zesty and slightly spicy asian-inspired salad. I wanted to make a black bean salad for a barbeque that was a little different-- I checked out the various thai-inspired recipes on the Zaar, but nothing seemed exactly right for me (taking into account what I had on hand..), so I created something with a little inspiration frim other recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup trader joe's soy ginger broth
- 1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste (to taste)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lime, zest of
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1In a medium serving bowl, whisk the broth, curry paste, lime zest, lime juice, scallions, cilantro, and sesame oil until well combined and smooth.
- 2Add black beans, corn, diced onions, and diced red pepper and toss to coat and distribute evenly.
- 3Refrigerate at least an hour, or overnight to allow flavors to develop.
- 4The curry paste is hot stuff, use more or less to taste.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Black Bean & Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (102 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.2
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
soy ginger broth
Thai red curry paste
limes, zest of