Recipe by hannahactually
From Quick&Easy Thai by Nancie McDermott.
Top Review by E-l-f
Love this recipe, unlike others similar, no corn starch added, corn starch is totally unnecessary and not used in traditional Thai food. Also mant don't say to use fish sause, which this one does, which any Thai coom knows is essential. Only thing I did different was to marrinade beef in a crushed galic clove and a bit of soya sauce. Would also suggest using a little more beef than recipe says, at least another 100g when you are feeding hungry mouths.
It's simple and really tasty and true to authentic Thai food.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb boneless beef roast, thinly sliced crosswise into 2-inch strips
- 1⁄4 lb broccoli floret, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in deep, heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook until a bit of garlic sizzles at once. Toss well. Add beef and toss until it changes color. Add broccoli florets and toss for about 1 min., until they turn shiny and bright green. Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, sugar, pepper, and water and cook 3-4 min., tossing often, until broccoli is tender and beef is cooked. Transfer to small serving platter and serve hot or warm.