Recipe by Coffee Criss
Lots of flavor, you can serve this soup at any time (even when not following HCG diet protocol). Counts for 1 protein and 1 vegetable. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
Top Review by Beach B.
This was very good and flavorful! I wanted to give up on my diet until came across this recipe. I used 1/4 chopped onion and ground beef. Didn't have beef broth and just used plain water but this still came out great. Doesn't taste like diet food :) Thanks for this!
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 g beef, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat broth. Add Bragg's, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, green onion, garlic, ginger and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beef and cabbage. Cook for 20-30 minutes until cabbage has softened.
- Add salt, pepper and Stevia to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.