Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Lots of flavor, you can serve this soup at any time (even when not following HCG diet protocol). Counts for 1 protein and 1 vegetable. Taken from The HCG Diet Cookbook Gourmet Success.
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth or 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon Braggs liquid aminos
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 g beef, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 dash sea salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 drops stevia
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- Heat broth. Add Bragg's, red pepper flakes, cinnamon, green onion, garlic, ginger and bay leaf. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beef and cabbage. Cook for 20-30 minutes until cabbage has softened.
- Add salt, pepper and Stevia to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Delicious! Even hubby who's not on the diet took a taste and said...now that has some flavor...I did double the red pepper flakes...I love the heat...this made enough that I had about 1/3 left over that I couldn't finish eating...that doesn't happen often on the diet...this is a keeper and will be made again...next time I'm going to have some cilantro available...=)
Loved this recipe; just enough heat to make it interesting. I used ground beef but otherwise made it as printed. Thanks for the great recipe.