Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Best Yum Nuea ever has to be at the Chili Club in Hong Kong. Better than even restaurants in Thailand, in my opinion. If anyone has it please email it to me. This recipie is good but not as good as the Chili Club.
- 1 lb steak, I prefer Rib Eye
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 6 shallots, sliced thin
- handful of chopped cilantro
- handful chopped green onion
- handful chopped mint, no stems
- 1⁄4 cup sliced cucumber, thin
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili oil
- 6 -12 sliced thai bird chili peppers
- 1. Rub steak with a little olive oil, salt & pepper. If steak was refrigerated, let sit 20 mins before putting on the grill. Pre-heat grill. Grill on high heat 7 mins per side with top open. Transfer to plate and cover w/ foil.
- 2. Mix together cilantro, green onions, mint, shallots, cucumbers, sesame oil, chili oil, thai peppers, lime juice,and fish sauce.
- 3. After letting meat sit for at least 15 minutes, slice thin. It should be rare.
- 4. Mix with salad ingredients.
- 5. Serve with rice.
- 6. These peppers are hot. I'd suggest trying 5 or 6 the first time you make it so it doesn't ruin the meal for you. You must use these small bird peppers. Subsitutes don't work nearly as well.