1/2 Photos of Thai Beef Salad
Here's a salad with substance. You could serve it as a main meal, or as a starter for a Thai meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- teaspoon chili flakes, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed into a paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bruised and chopped (optional)
- 100 g green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled
- 20 small cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 red seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander
- 300 g sirloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1Mix the chili flakes and garlic together.
- 2Mix in the lime or lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, sliced lemongrass and red onions.
- 3Boil the beans in a pot of water for just for a couple minutes. Rinse in cool water and drain.
- 4Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Cut into half-moon shapes.
- 5Mix the beans, tomatoes, cucumber, grapes and most of the herbs together in a salad bowl.
- 6Heat up a frying pan or griddle until very hot.
- 7Smear the meat with oil on both sides and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side. This will leave a bit of pink in the middle.
- 8If you want it well done, adjust the cooking time as necessary.
- 9Let the meat rest for five minutes before slicing, then lay it on a work surface and slice it thinly on a slant.
- 10Spoon most of the dressing mixture you prepared earlier over the salad.
- 11Slide the steak slices through a bit of the remaining dressing, then arrange it over the salad.
- 12Decorate with the leftover herbs and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Beef Salad
Serving Size: 1 (897 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 679.9
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 147.0 mg
- Sodium 820.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 46.9 g