Recipe by Gilcat2
Thai Beef Salad
Top Review by AWinPA
I made a few changes: used only romaine lettuce, added very thinly sliced red & yellow bell pepper (used 1/2 of each--they were very large peppers) and some matchstick carrots. The color and taste of these veggies is worth it. I also added just under 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint. I used only one tomato. I was remembering another recipe I used to have for this dish, which had the above items. I always loved it, but my husband did not. After making this version with the changes above, we found one that we both like. Thanks for sharing; it's a keeper!
- 1 romaine lettuce, small head
- 1 red leaf lettuce, small head
- 1 Belgian endive
- 3⁄4 cup oil, divided
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 lb beef, strips
- 1 fresh gingerroot, grated (1-inch piece)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 jalapenos, minced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, wedged
- 2 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Tear romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, and Belgian endive into bite-size pieces.
- In small bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, and 2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- Add beef strips; stir; marinate at least 1 hour at room temperature.
- In food processor, combine 1/2 cup oil, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar, garlic and jalapenos; puree.
- Reserve marinade.
- Stir-fry beef in 2 tablespoons oil until just browned.
- Mix reserved marinade with dressing.
- Top greens with beef.
- Pour dressing into a wok; stir to heat; mix in beef juices.
- Pour hot dressing over salad.
- Add cilantro, tomatoes, and green onions; toss.