Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Something light, healthy and filling for anytime, anywhere.
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 lemongrass, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs steak fillets (1 inch thick)
- 1 head leaf lettuce, washed,dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- In a large bowl, stir together the green onions, lemon grass, cilantro, mint leaves, lime juice, fish sauce, chili sauce and sugar until well combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Adjust the flavor, if desired, by adding more sugar and/or fish sauce.
- Set aside.
- Cook the steak over high heat on a preheated grill for approximately 4-6 minutes on each side, until it is cooked medium.
- Do not overcook the meat!
- Remove from heat and slice into thin strips.
- Add the meat and its juices to the sauce and refrigerate, tightly covered, for at least 3 hours.
- Tear the lettuce into bite size pieces and place in a salad bowl.
- Arrange the cucumber on top of the lettuce, and then pour the meat and sauce over.
- Top with the cherry tomatoes and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
Lovely recipe Carol. Thanx for i. my wife and I loves it. Gonna do it for my colleagues soon.