Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
This is better with homemade red curry paste, but sometimes you’ve got to use what you can get.
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck steaks, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (homemade or purchased)
- 1 -2 hot Thai chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 12 ounces baby new potatoes
- 3 cups shredded spinach leaves
- fresh ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a wok until hot; add in the oil, then add half of the beef; stir-fry until browned, 1-2 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining beef.
- Add red curry paste and chilies into the wok; cook for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Pour in the coconut milk and stock; simmer, for 5 minutes.
- Return beef to wok, add in potatoes; cook until the potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach; cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir in cilantro and serve.