Recipe by VLizzle
I modified this recipe from www.importfoods.com - a fabulous site for authentic Thai recipes - check it out. You can also purchase hard to find ingredients in case you don't have an Asian market near you. Please note that you MUST use an Asian canned beef stock or Asian canned vegetable stock -- the flavor will be very different if you use traditional canned broths.
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups flank steaks, sliced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, sliced
- 3 Thai red chili peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 cup rice noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the noodles for 15 minutes, and then chop them into 2-3" long pieces for ease of eating.
- Heat the stock to a gentle simmer, and add the wine, and all the other ingredients except the beef, mushrooms and noodles.
- When the stock is again boiling add the beef and simmer until the beef is tender.
- Add the mushrooms and noodles, and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.