Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is like a soup idea. Serve in deep bowls and enjoy. As a garnish fresh cilantro and chopped cashews would be great.
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (divided)
- 1 lb flank steak
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 1 cup shallot (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (minced)
- 1 teaspoon curry paste (or to taste)
- 2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (fresh)
- 1 red bell pepper (1/4-inch strips)
- 8 green onions (cut into 3-inch pieces)
- 1 lb asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 lb egg noodles (Asian, cooked as per directions on package)
- Marinate beef in soy, honey, 1 tablespoons fish sauce & 1/4 teaspoons salt in a dish for 20 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a saucepan and cook shallots stirring until well browned about 8 minutes.
- Add ginger, curry paste and cook stirring for 1 minute then add broth and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in lime juice, remaining tablespoon of fish sauce and salt to taste and keep warm covered.
- Heat grill and cook steak till still rare approximately 8 minutes. Transfer to a board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Toss onions, bell pepper and asparagus in wok in a little oil till tender crisp.
- While steak rests cook noodles in lightly saltedd water till done.
- In individual bowls add noodles, then vegetables, then beef and top with broth mixture.
- evenly divided.