12 hrs 25 mins
NY Times Magazine, July 6, 1986, Craig Claiborne with Pierre Franey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce, called nam pla
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut oil or 1/2 cup corn oil or 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs filet of beef, one piece, well trimmed
- 1Blend all the ingredients except for the meat.
- 2Reserve 1/3 of the total mixture and put it in the refrigerator.
- 3Put the meat in the rest of the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- 4Turn meat on grill every 5 minutes. Should take 20-35 minutes to be grilled.
- 5Cut meat on the bias and serve with warmed reserved marinade and any juices from cooking.
- 6Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Beef Marinade for BBQ
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.6
- Calories from Fat 728
- Total Fat 80.9 g
- Saturated Fat 25.9 g
- Cholesterol 159.2 mg
- Sodium 992.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 42.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
filet of beef