Prep 25 mins
Cook 12 hrs
NY Times Magazine, July 6, 1986, Craig Claiborne with Pierre Franey.
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce, called nam pla
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil or 1⁄2 cup corn oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 lbs filet of beef, one piece, well trimmed
- Blend all the ingredients except for the meat.
- Reserve 1/3 of the total mixture and put it in the refrigerator.
- Put the meat in the rest of the marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- Turn meat on grill every 5 minutes. Should take 20-35 minutes to be grilled.
- Cut meat on the bias and serve with warmed reserved marinade and any juices from cooking.
- Serve at room temperature.