Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sounds kind of fun
Make and share this Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces flank steaks
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 head bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- Heat the grill to hot. Season the steak with salt and pepper and cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Combine the hot sauce and lime juice in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Slice the steak thinly and drizzle the warm sauce over it. Use the lettuce leaves like tortillas and wrap up the steak slices with the onion, carrot and jalapeno.
A great low carb meal. I used Habanero Mango Hot Sauce for the hot sauce which I didn't heat up I opted to toss it with the lime juice, carrots, and onions. I also topped it with yogurt mixed with lime juice and salsa adding a slice of avocado. I just realized these are to be Thai wraps to be more authentic try adding Thai basil and or cilantro, fresh grated ginger, sesame oil, fish sauce, creamy nut butter,Thai Red Curry Paste would have really done it good. A very flexible recipe. Thanks!