Recipe by Roy A.
A light, healthy variation on wraps.
Top Review by teresas
Totally enjoyed this dish...I did use a chili paste instead of the sauce and omitted the carrot because I didn't have any...loved the busy part of eating this...I also just heated the sauce in the microwave...I will be making these again...thanks for posting it...:)
- 12 ounces flank steaks or 12 ounces skirt steaks or 12 ounces sirloin steaks
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 head bibb lettuce, washed and dried, leaves separated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a grill or pan over high heat. Season the beef with salt, pepper and place on grill or in pan. Cook on each side for about 4 minutes. It should be firm but yielding to the touch. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix chili sauce, fish sauce, and the juice from one lime in a small sauce pan over low heat to form sauce.
- Slice the steak thinly. If is skirt or flank, cut against the grain. Drizzle warm sauce over the slices. Set out the beef, lettuce, jalapeño, onion slices, cilantro, and carrots.
- Use the lettuce as a wrap, and add beef and toppings. Add some line juice and sauce to wraps as you eat them.