Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
In Thailand, a creamy peanut sauce is a popular accompaniment for beef, pork or chicken. At first glance, the combination of savory teriyaki, hot red pepper and peanut butter may appear contradictory, but the taste is beyond compare.
- Preheat grill to medium. Wash hands. Brush steaks and onion slices with 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce. To make sauce, place peanut butter in a small bowl. Using a fork, gradually stir in 2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce and 2 tablespoon water until smooth; stir in red pepper.
- Grill onion, covered and turning occasionally, 20 to 30 minutes or until tender. Keep warm.
- Grill steaks, uncovered and turning occasionally, 15 to 18 minutes for medium-rare to medium doneness (internal temp 150-160° F).
- Serving Suggestion: Carve steaks. Serve with peanut sauce, grilled onion slices and seasoned rice.
- Tip: For faster cooking, thinly slice the beef and grill on skewers. This type of preparation closely resembles the Malaysian and Thai street food, satay.