1/3 Photos of Thai Beef Curry With Bamboo Shoots
This is anothe recipe from Australian Women's Weekly - Easy Thai Style Cookery. A beautiful dish with lots of flavours and crunch. We like extra curry and the below curry recipe is doubled from the original. Prep time does not include extra time needed to prepare curry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 dried red chilies (or 1 1/2 tbsp red pepper flakes)
- 1 tablespoon dried galangal, chopped
- 1 tablespoon kaffir lime leaf, dried, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, rushed
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steaks (or marinating steak, dish will be a bit tougher)
- 6 ounces bamboo shoots, drained & sliced into smaller pieces if necessary
- 1 fresh red chili, chopped
- 1 fresh green chile, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, dried
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1Curry Paste:.
- 2First prepare curry - soak chillies, galangal and peel in a bowl, cover with water and let stand for 1-2 hours or more.
- 3Drain peel mixture and reserve 1/2 cup of the liquid.
- 4Blend/process peel mixture, reserved liquid, green onions, garlic, lemon rind, lemon grass and ginger until smooth.
- 6heat oil in wok or large deep pan, add steak and stir fry until browned. Add 1/2 cup (or more!) of curry paste and stir for 2 minutes.
- 7add bamboo shoots, chilies, fish sauce, lime leaf and sugar, stirfry until steak is tender.
- 8Stir in basil and serve over white sticky rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Beef Curry With Bamboo Shoots
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.7
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.7 mg
- Sodium 450.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 39.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
kaffir lime leaves