Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tasty, creamy curry from Thailand. I have cooked this for friends and family they all think it is wonderful.
- 1 lb stewing beef, fat removed and cubed
- 2 red chilies, chopped
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 lemon, rind of
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 1 tablespoon anchovy essence
- 1 -3 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 3 ounces creamed coconut
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 pint boiling water
- Into a food processor put all of the ingredients except for the meat, sugar and coconut. Blitz till a fine mix is achieved.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based pan and fry the mixture till it changes colour, and the oil comes to the surface.
- Add the meat, sugar and coconut, cover with a lid and simmer till meat is cooked.
- Serve with lemon rice.