Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Delicious beef curry, cooked in coconut milk and served on a bed of spinach.
- 2 lbs stewing beef, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 lb frozen spinach
- In a large pan bring the coconut milk to the boil, add the meat and all of the other ingredients EXCEPT THE SPINACH.
- Simmer till the meat is tender.
- Cook the spinach.
- Serve the meat and gravy on top of the spinach.
- Serve with boiled rice.