Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 stalk lemongrass, first outer layer removed cut in half
- 4 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 lb beef, cut into bite size strips
- chopped green onion
- Brown beef in little bit of the oil.
- Pepper and salt meat.
- Set aside.
- In same large pan saute ginger and garlic.
- Add the curry paste and saute for another minute, then add the coconut milk, whisk.
- Now add all other ingredients, except the green onions and whisk.
- Bring to a slow boil for a few minutes (5-10min), then discard the lemongrass.
- Add the beef and reheat for a few minutes.
- Serve over Jasmine rice and top with green onion.