Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this recipe on the back of a packet of 90 second microwave rice. I love the balance of flavours, although I found that sometimes the fish sauce can be overpowering and I have reduced the amount to 1tbs. Another time it was fine, so it may be best to adjust to your taste.
- 250 g cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 240 g beef (rump steak)
- 1⁄2 medium cucumber, cut in half and sliced
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves (approx 1/2 a punnet)
- 1⁄2 bunch of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 red chile, seeded and diced
- Heat oil in a frypan and cook beef over a medium high heat until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Mix all dressing ingedients together, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients. Slice the beef thinly and add to the salad along with the cooked rice.
This salad was a big hit with my husband. I agree with you about the fish sauce so I just used 1 tablespoon. The dressing is very nice. This was very quick to put together. Thanks Ryana, I will definitely make this again.