My youngest loves cellophane noodles so I'm always on the hunt for recipes. This one's from stltoday.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package cellophane noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchstick-size pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced diagonally
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped mint leaf
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced lemongrass (tender stalk)
- 1In a bowl, combine garlic, sesame oil, 1/4 cup soy sauce, sugar, green onions and white pepper. Add steak; mix to coat. Let sit while noodles are being prepared.
- 2Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and stir; cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water until noodles feel cold. Cut noodles with a pair of scissors into bite-size pieces.
- 3Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large saute pan. Add carrots; saute until crisp-tender. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Add noodles to bowl along with remaining 1/4 cup soy sauce, cucumber and salt and black pepper to taste; combine.
- 5Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to saute pan; place over medium-high heat. When hot, add steak mixture. Saute over medium-high heat for 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness. Stir in mint, lemon grass and additional salt and pepper to taste. Let cool.
- 6Place noodle mixture on a large decorative platter. Arrange meat on top. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thai Beef and Noodle Salad
Serving Size: 1 (206 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 1402.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 19.3 g